Friday 11 April 2008

I'm drowning in Mexican food

So I've invited some friends over tonight to have a Mexican feast, play on the Wii, maybe watch a movie and maybe play Dragonology, a game that one of them gave us for Christmas. (It's good fun, but a bit complicated at first and LONG.)

When I asked everyone what they wanted me to make, the answer I got from everyone was...well...everything. Beef tacos, chicken fajitas, pork burritos, and my fabulous nacho dip made with minced turkey. Good lord. There are only five of us! Oh, and I'm going to make up some batter ahead of time to make Belgian waffles for dessert, should anyone still be able to fit in dessert after all of that food. We've bought ice cream, chocolate sauce, Green & Black's chocolate hazelnut spread, whipped cream, caramel sauce, and some other drool-incuding toppings for the Belgian waffles, so people may still try to have dessert. We may all have to take a nap after all that food. At least I'm going to have a lot of food leftover to freeze for future meals....unless everyone tries to sneak home leftovers as they've sort of hinted they might do.

I've already got the pork cooking on the stove, and it smells goooood. Soon-ish, I'll probably start doing the dip so it can cook for a while in the electric slow cooker, as well. At times like this, I could really use two electric slow cookers. Slow cooking the pork on the stove top in a pot is fine, but I don't like leaving the stove on if I have to leave the house.

Anyway, tonight should be fun, although I may have to beach myself like a whale after dinner.

2 comments:

Stef said...

You are a brave woman, cooking all that food. Sounds lovely, though. By the way, I've been looking for that Green & Black's hazelnut stuff everywhere ever since you told me about it. Still no go. But I keep looking. ;)

Christie said...

If you can't find it, let me know, and I'll send you some! It's too lovely not to share with the world!